Domino's was sold to private equity firm Bain Capital in 1998 (it later went public), but Rotche's time in the pizza franchise kitchen was up, though he wasn't done cooking.
He left to serve as chief operations officer at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD), but left Krispy Kreme in 2002 to start DUCTZ, a single van air duct cleaning business following a severe respiratory illness of his son. In 2007, Rotche sold DUCTZ to Belfor, a property restoration company and later created the Belfor Franchise Group. Three years ago, he launched a second business, HOODZ Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning. The franchise has more than 150 locations.
Now he has put on the franchise gloves, becoming president of Title Boxing Club in May. Rotche had been consulting for retired pro-boxer Danny Campbell and now-CEO Tom Lyons when they approached him for advice on how to best execute franchise plans for their boxing workout classes, but the partners decided to bring him into the ring full time. Title Boxing Club is on pace to have 500 clubs open or in development by the end of 2012, and 1,000 clubs in the U.S. and Canada by the end of 2013.Rotche shared his tips for finding and running a great franchise. Who is an ideal person to be a franchisee? Rotche: All the best franchisees are people who are used to following systems, whether it be folks from the military, police officers, firefighters, people who are process-driven. Those who don't do as well are the ones that want to just do it their own way and think they can do it better. In fact, talking to people during the discovery day process, many times I'm
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV