NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- Over the course of the summer, the U.S. economy has looked weaker and weaker with each passing economic report.
At this point, economists have been forced to sharply lower their forecasts for the remainder of 2012, and some are suggesting that we may end up back in recession as we head into 2013, especially if the much-discussed "fiscal cliff" comes to pass.
Thankfully, most major companies used the last economic crisis to get in better shape, cutting costs and raising cash. But some companies just never learn. They muddle along with high levels of debt and are simply unprepared to handle a slumping economy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV