Clorox (CLX) is the firm behind brands such as Glad, Hidden Valley and Brita, in addition to the firm's household-name bleach products. That positioning makes Clorox one of the biggest household product companies in the world, and an extremely profitable one at that.
Clorox boasts net margins that are consistently in the double-digits, which means that the firm is able to pass a considerable chunk of its sales down to the bottom line of its income statement. That's important given the cost inflation worries that investors have been harping on for the last few years.>>5 Stocks Getting Ready to Pay Bigger Dividends CLX is a diversified business, with sales split up among its different brands. That lack of concentration on a single unit is a very good thing for investors -- it means that headwinds in a single product category are much less likely to ruin the firm's results. The only concentration Clorox has comes from its geographic positioning; currently around 80% of the firm's sales are in developed OECD countries, a fact that opens CLX up for big growth possibilities in emerging markets. Soros Fund Management picked up 675,690 shares of Clorox in the second quarter, building up a $49 million position in the company. To see the rest of George Soros' favorite stocks, check out his updated portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV