Pretium Resources (PVG) engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of precious metal resource properties in the Americas. This stock is trading up 2.2% at $14.34 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 150,000Average Volume: 111,577 Volume % Change: 123% >>Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume From a technical perspective, PVG is trending higher here with above average volume. This move has briefly pushed PVG back above both its 50-day moving average at $14.28 and its 200-day moving average at $14.33. At last check, PVG has hit an intraday high of $14.71, but it's subsequently pulled back to its current level of $14.34. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PVG if it can sustain a move or close back above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages with high volume. Look for volume on that move that registers near or above 111,577 shares. If PVG can hold a trend above those key moving averages, then it will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $15.91 to $16.99.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV