Molycorp (MCP) is a rare earth oxide producer in the Western hemisphere. This stock is trading up 4.3% at $11.56 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 7.3 millionAverage Volume: 5 million Volume % Change: 228% >>5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying From a technical perspective, MCP is ripping higher here with monster upside volume. This move is quickly pushing MCP within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once MCP takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $12.54 to $13.20 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MCP if it can hold its near-term support levels at $11 to $10.88, and then once it sustains a move or close above $12.54 to $13.20 with volume that's near or above 5 million shares. At last check, MCP has hit an intraday high of $11.86 and volume is well above its three-month average action. If that breakout triggers soon, then MCP will have a great chance to re-fill its previous gap and potentially hit its next significant overhead resistance levels at $16 to $18. Molycorp was also recently featured in "4 Hot Stocks to Trade (or Not)."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV