Runic Games, Inc. ("Runic Games"), a developer of PC and console game entertainment software in the United States, announced the official launch date of Torchlight II this morning at the kickoff of PAX Prime 2012.
Torchlight II will launch as a digital download from Steam, Runic Games, Perfect World GamersGate, GameFly, and GameStop on September 20, 2012.
Runic Games’ CEO, Max Schaefer, comments, “We worked incredibly hard to make sure we could release Torchlight II before Summer’s official end. Development will continue right up until we ship, and we couldn’t be happier to be putting the finishing touches on a great game. We want to get it to the fans as quickly as possible. Honestly, we can’t wait.”
Torchlight II was announced in August 2010, as the sequel to Runic Games’ debut Torchlight. The sequel features an expansive overworld, four new classes, and multiplayer games via LAN or Internet, providing a much larger world, a deeper gameplay experience, and hours of replayability.Runic Games is currently exhibiting at PAX Prime, where gamers can play the fully polished Act II prior to launch. A free playable demo will be available upon release. For more information on Torchlight II, gamers and fans can visit the official website at http://www.torchlight2game.com/ to view additional game play details, trailers and screenshots. About Runic Games, Inc. Runic Games is a developer of PC and console entertainment software, designing games that focus on quality, approachability, and fun. Runic Games is staffed by a team with experienced members, including leads on "Diablo," "Diablo II," "Diablo II: Lord of Destruction," "Fate," "Hellgate: London" and "Mythos." Torchlight won the GDC Award for Best Debut in 2009. Runic Games, a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ:PWRD), is located in Seattle, Washington, United States.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV