Another stock in the biotechnology and drugs complex that's trading close to triggering a near-term breakout is Neuralstem (CUR), which is focused on developing and commercializing of treatments for central nervous system disease based on transplanting human neural stem cells and small molecule drugs.
If you look at the chart for Neuralstem, you'll see that this stock recently formed a triple top at around $1.01, $1 and 99 cents per share. Following that topping pattern, shares of CUR plunged to its recent low of 42 cents per share. During that sharp move lower, shares of CUR were consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, this stock has now started to uptick strong and see some massive upside volume flows. The recent bullish trend for CUR has also started to push the stock within range of triggering a major breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV