Wis. Dems Schedule Mining Hearings
MADISON, Wis. (AP) The leader the Wisconsin Senate's new mining committee says he has scheduled a series of hearings next month to gather information on possible regulatory changes.
Sen. Tim Cullen, a Janesville Democrat and chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Mining, says the panel plans to meet Sept. 18, Sept. 20 and Sept. 25 in the state Capitol. The hearings will focus on Wisconsin's current mining laws and how they could be changed. He says the panel wants to either develop recommendations for legislation or craft a bill outright.
Talks fell through earlier this year on a bill to help Florida-based Gogebic Taconite open a $1.5 billion iron mine in northwest Wisconsin. The measure passed the Assembly but died in the Senate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV