Stocks Bounce on Bernanke But Finish Week Lower
In corporate news, Splunk (SPLK) reported a narrower-than-expected fiscal second-quarter loss on Thursday with revenue 12% ahead of analysts' estimates. The data software specialist also raised its revenue outlook for the full year to between $183 million and $186 million, up from a prior range of $174 million to $177 million. Shares were surging more than 15.5%.
OmniVision Technologies ( OVTI ), the maker of advanced digital imaging products, said it expects non-GAAP earnings of 21 to 37 cents a share for its fiscal second quarter ending in October on revenue of $355 million to $390 million.
Analysts are currently looking for a profit of 33 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $268.6 million. Shares gained nearly 13%.
Zumiez ( ZUMZ ), the specialty retailer, provided weak guidance for its fiscal third quarter, sending its shares down 9.4%.SAIC Inc ( SAI ) shares popped 3.4% after the government technology contractor said that it will split its business into two independent public companies.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV