Advance Auto Parts (NYSE: AAP), a leading retailer of automotive aftermarket parts, accessories, batteries, and maintenance items, announced the promotion of Rusty Tweedy to Area Senior Vice President. Mr. Tweedy will be responsible for leading the Company’s store operations in the Mid-Atlantic regions. Mr. Tweedy will report to Kurt Schumacher, Senior Vice President, National Field Operations. Effective with this promotion, the Company is adding a fourth operational area which will enable the Company’s Field and Commercial sales leaders to be more aligned and focused on driving profitable growth.
“I am pleased to announce that Rusty will serve Advance Auto Parts as Area Senior Vice President,” said Schumacher. “Rusty is passionate about serving our customers and has a proven track record of success. His 30 years of retail experience and understanding of our Commercial business will be strong assets as he inspires his team to bring our promise to life and grow sales.”
Mr. Tweedy joined Advance in July 2004 and most recently served as Commercial Vice President. Prior to this role, he served Advance as Regional Vice President and District Leader. Prior to joining Advance, he held a variety of management positions with both big box retailers and specialty retail organizations.
About Advance Auto PartsHeadquartered in Roanoke, Va., Advance Auto Parts, Inc., a leading automotive aftermarket retailer of parts, accessories, batteries, and maintenance items in the United States, serves both the do-it-yourself and professional installer markets. As of July 14, 2012, the Company operated 3,692 stores in 39 states, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Additional information about the Company, employment opportunities, customer services, and online shopping for parts, accessories and other offerings can be found on the Company's website at www.AdvanceAutoParts.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV