Retailer Saks Incorporated (NYSE: SKS) (“Saks or the “Company”) today announced it will host a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the official grand opening of its new distribution and fulfillment facility located in LaVergne, Tennessee on Friday, September 7, 2012 at 3:00 p.m. local time.
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam, Saks’ Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Steve Sadove, and various other public officials will speak during the event. Guided tours of the facility will be available to those interested immediately following the ribbon cutting.
The new distribution and fulfillment center occupies approximately 564,000 square feet of space in LaVergne, which is in Rutherford County and near the state capital of Nashville. The new center fulfills customers’ orders for saks.com, employs approximately 250 full-time associates, and is equipped with a state-of-the-art, sophisticated mobile-robotic fulfillment system. The Tennessee facility began shipping its first merchandise to customers in July 2012 and is currently fully operational.
Sadove noted, “In order to support our omni-channel strategy and our continued sales growth, we realized that we would need additional distribution and fulfillment capacity beginning in 2012. Middle Tennessee was selected for its central location, attractive real estate and operating costs, and very capable workforce. We are most appreciative of Gov. Haslam and the various state and local leaders that worked together so diligently to make this possible. We are also very thankful for our great team of Associates that are assuring the center operates efficiently and provides exceptional service to our customers, day-in and day-out.”Those wishing to attend the September 7 th event may contact email@example.com. Saks Incorporated operates 45 Saks Fifth Avenue stores, 64 Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH stores, and saks.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV