SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) and FARO (NASDAQ: FARO) announced today that they have signed an OEM and distribution agreement for 3D laser scanners. Under the agreement, FARO will provide Trimble with an OEM differentiated product based upon its successful FARO Laser Scanner Focus 3D platform. Trimble will offer the OEM product throughout its worldwide survey and building construction distribution networks, serving the needs of surveyors, contractors, engineers and geospatial professionals. As part of the strategic relationship, future versions of the FARO Laser Scanner Focus 3D platform will also be made available to Trimble.
"FARO's revolutionary Laser Scanner Focus 3D leverages more than 30 years of disruptive product innovation in the 3D measurement space. We are very pleased to partner with Trimble to further expand the 3D laser scanner platform across a broader range of markets," said Jay Freeland, president & chief executive officer of FARO.
"FARO has successfully challenged the 3D scanning market with a product that is versatile, compact and competitively priced," said David Fitzpatrick, general manager of Trimble 3D Scanning. "We are excited to offer this solution as part of Trimble's portfolio through our strong worldwide distribution network."
The Trimble OEM product is expected to be available in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV