Central Bancorp Inc. Stock Downgraded (CEBK)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- CENTRAL BANCORP INC/MA has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CENTRAL BANCORP INC/MA swung to a loss, reporting -$0.01 versus $0.69 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 304.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.24 million to -$0.48 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CENTRAL BANCORP INC/MA underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $0.43 million or 70.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 70.82%, CENTRAL BANCORP INC/MA is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -153.77%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts