Ma Ze Hua, President, COSCO Group, & Ng Yat Chung, CEO, NOL Group, To Deliver Keynote Speeches At 6th Annual TPM Asia Conference
NEWARK, N.J., Aug. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- The Journal of Commerce confirmed today that two of the most senior executives in the container shipping industry globally will participate as keynote speakers at the 6th Annual TPM Asia conference. Ma Ze Hua, President of the COSCO Group and Ng Yat Chung, president and CEO of the NOL Group, parent of container line APL, will deliver keynote speeches at the UBM Global Trade organized conference, set for October 17-18 in Shenzhen, China, home to one of the world's largest container ports.
Both executives will speak to the current state of container shipping and the major issues facing customers, carriers, ports and the broader economy as the industry takes stock of 2012 and begins to look toward 2013. They will address a key theme of the conference, which is how the industry can move toward a less volatile and more predictable future, bringing greater predictability and value to the global supply chains that depend on an effective container shipping system.
Ma Zehua was named Director of the Board, President and Deputy Secretary of Party Committee of China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company ("COSCO Group") in August 2011. He was formerly President of COSCO (UK) Ltd., General Manager of the Development Division and Assistant President of China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company, President of COSCO America Inc.
Ng Yat Chung was appointed Group President and Chief Executive Officer of NOL beginning October 2011. Prior to joining NOL, Ng was a Senior Managing Director at Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited. Before joining Temasek Holdings, he was the Chief of Defense Force in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF).Other confirmed speakers and panelists include:
- Lucas Vos, Chief Commercial Officer, Maersk Line
- Hua Joo Tan, Executive Consultant, Alphaliner
- Mario Moreno, Economist, The Journal of Commerce
- Mark Szakonyi, Associate Editor, The Journal of Commerce
- The Economic Environment for Container Shipping
- Finding Value in BCO/Shipper and Carrier Relationships
- China as a Driver for Containerized Trade - How is it Changing?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV