DETAILS: Snowpulse Avalanche Airbags imported by Mammut Sports Group Inc. of Shelburne, Vt., manufactured by Snowpulse SA of Martigny, Switzerland, and distributed by Mountain Sports Distribution of Golden British Columbia, Canada; sold at specialty outdoor and motorsports stores nationwide from September 2008 through April 2012. The Snowpulse Avalanche airbags with inflation-system 1.0 air cartridges are used for skiing, snowmobiling and mountain climbing to help keep the user above the surface if an avalanche occurs. The packs are between 15 and 45 liters and have the "Snowpulse" logo printed on them. The metal cartridge is inside the pack and unscrews from the airbag. Cartridges using inflation system 1.0 gauges can be identified by the pin inside the threaded fitting on the side of the cartridge.
WHY: A leak in the airbag's cartridge can result in the airbag not deploying, posing a risk of death and injury in the event of an avalanche.INCIDENTS: None reported. HOW MANY: About 1,200 in the United States and 2,600 in Canada. FOR MORE: Contact Snowpulse at 800-451-5127 Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. EDT. ____ AIR COMPRESSORS DETAILS: Air compressors manufactured by DeVilbiss Air Power Co. of Jackson, Tenn.; the EX-CELL, Porter-Cable and Pro-Air II-brand compressors were sold by industrial and construction distributors from July 2003 through December 2008; the Craftsman-brand compressors were sold at Sears stores nationwide from July 2003 through December 2008. They have air slots at the end of the motor that form a horizontal and vertical grid. The model number on each unit is located on the unit name plate on the tank. The air compressors were manufactured in the United States. WHY: The air compressor motor can overheat, posing a fire hazard. INCIDENTS: DeVilbiss has received 10 reports of motors overheating. No injuries reported. HOW MANY: About 460,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV