"Cash operating cost per ounce" for silver is calculated by assuming that the Velardena mine produces silver with gold, zinc and lead by-products. Total operating costs are allocated to silver, and estimated revenues from gold, zinc and lead production, net of smelting and refining costs for gold, lead and zinc, are credited against those costs.
The term "cash operating cost per ounce" includes actual mining, milling, mine related overhead costs, treatment and refining charges, freight, insurance and marketing costs incurred on metal production during the period. Cash operating cost excludes income taxes, depreciation, amortization and provisions for reclamation. Cash operating cost differs from costs applicable to the sale of metals determined in accordance with GAAP. Costs applicable to the sale of metals in accordance with GAAP reflect operating costs incurred to produce concentrates, dore and precipitates that were sold during the period and write-downs of inventory to net realizable value, whereas "cash operating cost per ounce" reflects costs incurred to produce concentrates, dore and precipitates produced during the period. In addition, costs applicable to metals sold do not include certain treatment and refining charges, which in accordance with GAAP are netted against revenue.
Cash operating cost per ounce of silver is calculated by dividing cash operating cost for silver produced during the period as described above by payable ounces of silver. The payable ounces are the number of ounces of silver produced during the period reduced by the estimated number of ounces required to cover refining charges for such silver.
For additional information please visit http://www.goldenminerals.com/ or contact:Golden Minerals Company Jerry W. Danni(303) 839-5060Executive Vice President SOURCE Golden Minerals Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV