RIDGEFIELD, Conn., Aug. 30, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (Nasdaq:CHEF), a premier distributor of specialty food products in the United States, announced today that the Company appointed two regional managers. Ed Kauffeld will be regional vice president of the Eastern Region of the United States, and Barry Weinstein will be general manager of the New York market. Both will start in these managerial roles in September 2012. A search is currently underway for a regional vice president of the Company's Western Region. The Company also announced the departure of James Wagner, the Company's chief operating officer, effective August 31, 2012.
"As a result of our latest acquisition of Michael's Finer Meats, in addition to our recently added territories and categories, we felt it was necessary to realign our team by placing senior management closer to our customers in each region so we can best address our customers' unique product and service needs as we continue to grow our business in each market," said Chris Pappas, chairman and chief executive officer of The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc.
Mr. Kauffeld brings over 23 years of general management and sales leadership. He joins The Chefs' Warehouse from PepsiCo where he has held several positions since 1989. Most recently he served as senior director and vice president of retail sales franchise development. Previously he held various general management positions at PepsiCo in the Northern California, Las Vegas and Southern California markets.Mr. Weinstein brings over 30 years of sales and general management experience. He joins The Chefs' Warehouse from Hostess Brands where he served as market unit general manager for the New Jersey and Pennsylvania regions. Prior to joining Hostess Brands, Mr. Weinstein served as a district sales manager for Sysco Corporation in the Metro New York and Jersey City, New Jersey markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV