EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Aug. 30, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Further reinforcing its deep commitment to a community it's called home for more than three decades, Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) delivered a truck full of surplus office supplies to the El Segundo Unified School District on Aug. 15.
Hundreds of local students, teachers and administrators will receive such items as staplers, binders, desktop organizers, dry-erase materials, paper easels and transparencies. The donation is a regular feature of Northrop Grumman's annual Eco-Week activities, which include community outreach, energy audits and lunch 'n' learn sessions about smart environmental practices for employees. Northrop Grumman has had a presence in El Segundo since 1979 and currently employs more than 4,400 workers in the city.
"The delivery of supplies really illustrates two important things – the long and solid history of Northrop Grumman and El Segundo, and the company's established commitment to education and its communities," said Suzanne Fuentes, mayor pro tem of the city of El Segundo and a Northrop Grumman employee. "This is a welcome example of the connection between the company and our community."Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
CONTACT: Jim Hart (310) 812-0916 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV