Galena Biopharma (GALE) is a biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing therapies addressing unmet medical needs using targeted biotherapeutics. This stock is trading up 3.4% to $1.79 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.73-$1.8452-Week Range: $0.36-$3.54 Volume: 1.7 million Three-Month Average Volume: 2.3 million From a technical perspective, GALE is moving notably higher here with decent volume. This move is coming after GALE bounced off its 50-day moving average of $1.66 on Wednesday with high volume. The action today has now pushed GALE into near-term breakout territory, since the stock has started to push above some overhead resistance at $1.77. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GALE as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $1.66 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 1.7 million shares as bullish. If GALE can hold that trend, and more importantly hold its trend above $1.77, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $2.30 to $2.45.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV