PowerSecure International (POWR) is a provider of products and services to electric utilities and to their commercial, institutional and industrial customers. This stock is trading up 8.9% at $5.14 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.64-$5.2452-Week Range: $3.78-$6.97 Volume: 82,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 105,270 From a technical perspective, POWR is bouncing powerfully right off its 50-day moving average of $4.66 here with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once POWR takes out its 200-day moving average at $5.32, and then some past overhead resistance levels at $5.40 to $5.65 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once POWR sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 105,270 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then POWR has an excellent chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $6.25 to $7. Traders might want to look at buying POWR off weakness as long as it holds its trend above its 50-day at $4.66.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV