Zalicus (ZLCS) is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers and develops treatments for patients suffering from pain and immuno-inflammatory diseases. This stock is trading up 2% at $1.41 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.38-$1.4452-Week Range: $0.72-$1.62 Volume: 2.3 million Three-Month Average Volume: 3.2 million >>5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying From a technical perspective, ZLCS is moving modestly higher here with decent volume. This stock has been uptrending strong since it hit a near-term bottom of 95 cents in July, and then went on to hit its recent high of $1.49. Shares of ZLCS spiked large a few days ago to that $1.49 high, and then pulled back to $1.30, but have started to bounce again. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ZLCS once it manages to trigger a major breakout above some key overhead resistance levels at $1.49 to $1.62 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 3,229,370 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then ZLCS will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance level at $1.80 to $2. Traders should key off of near-term support levels at $1.30 to $1.20 if you buy off weakness to anticipate that breakout.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV