Synergy Pharmaceuticals (SGYP), a development stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development of drugs to treat gastrointestinal disorders and diseases in the U.S. This stock is trading up 6.8% to $5.18 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.75-$5.2452-Week Range: $1.86-$7.08 Volume: 981,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 314,102 >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential From a technical perspective, SGYP is ripping higher here right off some near-term support at $4.75 with monster volume. This move has also pushed SGYP into breakout territory, since the stock has moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $4.84. Traders should now look for long-biased trades off the next major breakout for SGYP. That breakout will trigger once this stock takes out $5.20 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above that level with volume that's near or above 314,102 shares. At last check, SGYP has hit an intraday high of $5.24 and volume is well above 314,102 shares. If SGYP can hold a trend above $5.20, then this stock has a great chance of trading higher towards $6 to $7 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV