Nearest Resistance: $13
Nearest Support: $10Catalyst: Analyst Upgrade, New Rare Earth Project >>5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying Everyone's favorite rare earths producer, Molycorp (MCP), is having a pretty phenomenal week. Shares of the small-cap firm have rallied more than 27% in the last five trading sessions. The upward slingshot has been the result of an analyst upgrade and an announcement that the firm would be launching a new rare earth project in Mountain Pass, Calif. Technically, the move in MCP is critical. Shares had been in a brutal downtrend for most of 2012, but started forming the early stages of an inverse head and shoulders pattern at the start of August. Now shares are approaching their neckline at $13. For this pattern to look "textbook," we'll want to see a right shoulder get formed by a pullback before breaking out in earnest. But the pattern doesn't have to be textbook to be profitable. The buy signal comes on any sustained breakout above $13. Just remember to keep a tight protective stop if you decide to trade this volatile small-cap.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV