NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Generally speaking, I don't like contradictions. They get under my skin.
That's why I get uncomfortable when financial professionals start prattling on about actively managed ETFs. "The best of both worlds" is a commonly cited advantage.
To my way of thinking, it's the worst of both worlds: That is, higher costs and, as far as I can tell, inferior performance.
I noted with some degree of sinister appreciation that the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV