NEW YORK ( Real Money) -- Yeah, I would take profits, too. I am thinking about what I would be doing at a hedge fund and I know I would have several priorities:
1. Be ready for a disappointing Jackson Hole speech because, I, unlike others, don't believe that QE3 is even a factor now that housing is coming back.
2. Be ready for more disappointment from China as Doug Kass' points about China are coming home to roost.
3. Be ready for a September-is-horrible bunch of articles, and because "Sell in May" wasn't bad it might have more resonance.4. Be ready for more preannouncements from global companies like Joy (JOY). 5. Forget domestic safety for a little while because there have been big moves. 6. Understand that really high-quality stocks like DuPont (DD) and Disney (DIS) have been stalled here forever. 7. Accept that the Verizon's (VZ) of the world seem to be reflecting a raising of the dividend tax. 8. Oil's all over the place and it is trading so erratically, but the oil and gas stocks are simply trading horribly and this market does best -- like it or not -- when they are strong. That's just eight things that would make me want to pull in my horns, raise some cash and, most importantly, GO TO THE BEACH. I know this is anecdotal, but I have never seen so many people take off this holiday well before the holiday. That means people who have to get out of town, with my mindset, are not going to let this opportunity to sell pass. So, they ring the register and join me down the shore!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV