LEUVEN, Belgium, August 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
ThromboGenics NV (Euronext Brussels: THR), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative ophthalmic medicines, today issued a business update and its financial results for the six-month period ending 30 June 2012.
Highlights (including post-period events)
- In July, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Dermatologic and Ophthalmic Drugs Advisory Committee recommended ocriplasmin for the treatment of symptomatic vitreomacular adhesion (VMA). The Committee voted 10 to 0 that the benefits of administering ocriplasmin for the treatment of vitreomacular adhesions outweighed the potential risks;
- In August, the prestigious medical journal the New England Journal of Medicine ( NEJM) published the results from the ocriplasmin Phase III clinical trial program. The publication highlighted that ocriplasmin is superior to placebo in resolving vitreomacular adhesion (VMA), related vitreomacular traction (VMT) and macular holes;
- In March, ThromboGenics signed an important strategic deal with Alcon, the global leader in eye care. Upon approval, Alcon will commercialize the ThromboGenics developed drug ocriplasmin outside the U.S. ThromboGenics will receive up to €375 million in upfront and milestone payments plus royalties that will give it a significant share of the economics from ocriplasmin's sale outside the U.S. ThromboGenics plans to commercialize ocriplasmin in the U.S. through its own commercial organization.
- In March, ThromboGenics raised €77.8 million through a private placement with a range of domestic and international investors at a price of €24 per share;
- In June, the Belgian tax authorities granted the Company a positive ruling enabling it to benefit from the "patent income deduction regime". This will result in a reduced tax rate for all patent related ocriplasmin income;
- The Company had €186.1 million in cash and cash investments as of 30 June 2012 compared with €96.4 million at the end of June 2011;
- Reported revenues of €75.1 million in the first six months of 2012 versus €2.4 million in the same period in 2011;
- The Company achieved a net profit of €56.2 million in the first half of 2012 against a net loss of €10.2 million in the corresponding period in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV