SUNBURY, Pa., Aug. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Weis Markets today announced the launch of its fifth annual Fight Hunger Food Drive, a month-long program offering customers an opportunity to donate to local food banks and emergency food providers.
The program, which begins on Sunday, September 2 and runs through September 30, will run in all Weis Markets' stores. Weis Markets will supplement its customer donations with a $200,000 corporate donation.
"Food banks and pantries continue to tell us their demand has grown significantly in recent years and that they expect it to continue to grow in the months ahead," said David J. Hepfinger, Weis Markets' President and CEO. "Our combined goal is to generate one million meals for the twelve food banks and one hundred emergency food providers who are working with our stores."Customers also have the option of donating $3, $5 and $10 vouchers which can be purchased at any Weis Markets' cash register. One hundred percent of the proceeds will be given to area food banks in the form of gift card donations so they can easily fill in any gaps in their food supplies. The Fight Hunger Food Drive will benefit: The Second Harvest Food Bank of the Lehigh Valley and Northeast, PA; The Central Pennsylvania Food Bank ( Harrisburg); The Central Pennsylvania Food Bank ( Williamsport); The Maryland Food Bank; The Commission on Economic Opportunity/The Weinberg Northeast Regional Food Bank ( Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton); Greater Berks Food Bank ( Reading); Philabundance ( Montgomery County, PA); Community Hunger Outreach Warehouse (CHOW)/Broome County Council of Churches; Food Bank of the Southern Tier (Elmira); Philabundance; Northwest Community Action Program NORWESCAP Food Bank ( Phillipsburg, NJ); and Mountaineer Food Bank ( West Virginia). These agencies will collect donations at some locations and coordinate local food pantry pick-ups at other Weis Markets' stores.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV