LOS ANGELES, Aug. 30, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RadNet, Inc. (Nasdaq:RDNT), a national leader in providing high quality, cost-effective diagnostic imaging services through a network of 237 owned and operated outpatient imaging centers, announced today that it has agreed to provide Professional Radiology Services to Kern Valley Healthcare District. RadNet's Imaging On Call teleradiology subsidiary will provide after-hours coverage, and daytime coverage will be provided by RadNet's group in Bakersfield, Truxtun Radiology. Michael Edelstein, M.D., will serve as Medical Director. RadNet's technology subsidiary, eRAD Inc., is providing the Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS) through an ASP/Cloud Based Solution which enables a small remote hospital like Kern Valley to store and back-up images and reports in a HIPAA-compliant, secure, off-site location.
This unique combination of services enables Kern Valley to continuously access high quality, sub-specialty radiology services by routing images to the radiologist best qualified to interpret those exams, regardless of where they reside or the time of day.
eRAD Inc., a subsidiary of RadNet acquired in late 2010, will install and support its state-of-the-art Radiology Workflow Management software which includes its PACS. The eRAD solution includes voice recognition software to improve report response time and reduce the cost of medical transcription. This allows medical reports and images to be accessed securely by Kern Valley clinicians via the Internet. A complete migration of all prior studies allows for fast and easy access to any study ever performed at Kern Valley.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV