Residential REIT AvalonBay Communities (AVB) has been staging an orderly climb in 2012, bouncing in between two parallel trend lines called a channel. That orderly ascent is important -- it provides traders with high probability levels for AVB to hit. As a result, we've got another upside trade in this stock.
The uptrending channel in AvalonBay has been intact since before the start of the year, and shares have been obedient: the stock has bounced off of a trend line nine times over the course of 2012, a number that adds confidence to the strength of the channel. In an uptrending channel, the optimal time to buy comes on a bounce off of support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV