Capital One Financial
A similar setup is forming in shares of Capital One Financial (COF). While the pattern in Capital One is far from a textbook ascending triangle, it's a good example of why a trading pattern is less important than the factors that cause that pattern.
In other words, we've got a long-term horizontal resistance level at $58 and uptrending support below COF's current price -- so that is a very tradable setup. As with MSFT, the buy signal comes on a push above resistance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV