BOSTON, Aug. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LPL Financial LLC, the nation's largest independent broker-dealer* and a wholly owned subsidiary of LPL Financial Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: LPLA), congratulated five of its affiliated financial advisors today for their recognition in the Barron's Top 100 Independent Wealth Advisors list for 2012.
Published by Barron's, a leading financial publication, the 2012 Top 100 Independent Wealth Advisors list recognizes the top independent advisors in the nation, ranked in part according to assets under management, as well as revenue generated by each advisor and his or her team and the overall quality of the practice.
Ranking details of the advisors affiliated with LPL Financial, who were selected out of 350 nominations received from throughout the United States, were as follows:
- Ron Carson, Founder and CEO of Carson Wealth Management Group in Omaha, Nebraska, was named 10 out of 100.
- John Waldron, Founder and CEO of Waldron Wealth Management of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, was named 18 out of 100.
- Charles Zhang, Managing Partner of Zhang Financial of Portage, Michigan, was named 20 out of 100.
- Susan Kaplan, President of Kaplan Financial Services of Newton, Massachusetts, was named 52 out of 100.
- Laila Pence, President of Pence Wealth Management of Newport Beach, California, was named 90 out of 100.
Derek Bruton, Managing Director and National Sales Manager for LPL Financial, said, "We enthusiastically congratulate the LPL Financial-affiliated independent advisors who were named to the Barron's Top 100 Independent Wealth Advisors list for 2012. This honor recognizes the very best and most successful advisors in our industry, and reflects years of hard work and unwavering commitment on the part of each advisor to providing exceptional guidance and service to their clients. LPL Financial is proud and honored to serve as an empowering partner to thousands of independent advisors across the country in helping them grow and strengthen their businesses and work for the achievement of their clients' goals."The full Barron's Top 100 Independent Wealth Advisors for 2012 list can be found online at http://online.barrons.com/report/top-financial-advisors/independent. About LPL Financial LPL Financial, a wholly owned subsidiary of LPL Financial Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: LPLA), is the nation's largest independent broker-dealer (based on total revenues, Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2012), a top RIA custodian, and a leading independent consultant to retirement plans. LPL Financial offers integrated technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research to over 13,100 financial advisors and approximately 685 financial institutions. In addition, LPL Financial supports over 4,500 financial advisors licensed with insurance companies by providing customized clearing, advisory platforms and technology solutions. LPL Financial and its affiliates have approximately 2,900 employees with headquarters in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego. For more information, please visit www.lpl.com. Securities and Advisory Services offered through LPL Financial, a Registered Investment Advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV