CapLease, Inc. (NYSE: LSE) today announced that it is notifying holders of its outstanding 7.50% Convertible Senior Notes due 2027 (the “Notes”) that, pursuant to the terms of the Notes and the indenture governing the Notes, they have the option to require the Company to purchase, on October 1, 2012 (the “Repurchase Date”), all or a portion of their Notes (the “Put Option”) at a price equal to 100% of the principal amount of the Notes, plus any accrued and unpaid interest to, but not including, the Repurchase Date. The Company will pay for any Notes validly surrendered and not validly withdrawn with cash.
The opportunity to surrender the Notes for purchase pursuant to the Put Option commences today and expires at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on September 27, 2012, which is the second business day immediately preceding the Repurchase Date. Holders may withdraw any Notes previously surrendered for purchase at any time prior to 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on September 27, 2012. Notes that are not surrendered pursuant to the Put Option will remain outstanding in accordance with the terms of the Notes and the indenture, and may be redeemed by the Company at any time on or after October 16, 2012. The Company has no present plans to redeem any Notes that remain outstanding after the Repurchase Date.
As required by the rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), the Company will file a Tender Offer Statement on Schedule TO with the SEC. The Tender Offer Statement will include a notice to holders from the Company (the “Issuer Put Right Notice”) specifying the terms and conditions of the Put Option and the procedures to exercise the Put Option. Holders of Notes are strongly encouraged to read the Issuer Put Right Notice and other relevant documents filed with the SEC before making a decision relating to the Put Option.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV