The Japanese court case addressed only the synchronizing technology that allows media players to share data with personal computers. The Samsung victory wasn't comparable in scope to the much larger victory that Apple won in the U.S. last week, The Associated Press noted.
JPMorgan Chase (JPM), a major player in providing clearing and settlement services to other financial firms, is reviewing its dealings with dozens of brokerages that use the bank to settle trades, according to people familiar with the bank, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Splunk (SPLK) reported a narrower-than-expected fiscal second-quarter loss on Thursday with revenue 12% ahead of analysts' estimates. The data software specialist also raised its revenue outlook for the full year to between $183 million and $186 million, up from a prior range of $174 million to $177 million.
Mitt Romney accepted the Republican nomination for president on Thursday. Romney said he would "restore the promise of America." -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV