SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 30, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited (AOS) (Nasdaq:AOSL), a designer, developer and global supplier of a broad range of power semiconductors, today introduced the AOC2403 – the industry's first Molded Chip Scale Package (MCSP) in a tiny 0.97mm x 0.97mm x 0.3mm power package. Compared to existing Chip Scale Package (CSP) solutions, MCSP reduces package height by 50% and improves the mechanical robustness of the package by protecting the encapsulated die with a layer of molding compound. The significant performance improvements of the MCSP technology make it ideal for the latest ultra-portable applications such as smart phones, tablet PCs, UltraBooks and other mobile hand-held devices.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14407
MCSP can easily replace a standard CSP by offering the same footprint, pin-out, and pitch, with the benefits of a more rugged and ultra-thin package. The MCSP encapsulates AOS's low on-resistance MOSFET silicon in a Green (halogen-free) molding compound, which end result is to give it a thinner and more robust structure to solve die chipping and placement issues associated with standard CSP products."The Molded Chip Scale Package offers an innovative solution to ultra-slim designs while improving the package robustness compared to existing CSP solutions. The innovative package, along with the low on-resistance AOS MOSFET technology, provides designers of ultra-portable systems with a compelling new power management solution," said Peter Wilson, Director of Low Voltage MOSFETs at AOS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV