Conn’s, Inc. (NASDAQ:CONN), a specialty retailer of home appliances, furniture, mattresses, consumer electronics and provider of consumer credit, today announced that its Board of Directors, appointed Kelly M. Malson as a member of its Board of Directors. Ms. Malson will become Chairperson of its Audit Committee effective at its next quarterly Board of Directors’ meeting to be held in November 2012. Also announced was the election of Bob L. Martin, an independent member of our Board of Directors, to serve as the Lead Independent Director.
Ms. Malson has served as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of World Acceptance Corporation since March 2006, as its Senior Vice President since May 2009 and as its Vice President of Internal Audit from September 2005 to March 2006. Ms. Malson served as Finance Compliance Manager for ITRON, Inc., IEM Unit from 2004 to 2005. Prior to 2004, Ms. Malson served in various positions with KPMG, LLC and Arthur Andersen, LLP. Ms. Malson obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy from Southern Illinois University in 1993.
Theodore M. Wright, Chairman, President and CEO, commented, “We are very pleased that Ms. Malson has joined our Board. She brings significant experience and critical insight into the issues facing the consumer credit industry.”
Mr. Wright added, “By adding the position of Lead Independent Director, our Board has strengthened our corporate governance functions, and we are pleased that Mr. Martin will serve in that position. We thank him for his continued service and contributions to our Board.”About Conn’s, Inc. The Company is a specialty retailer currently operating 65 retail locations in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma: with 22 stores in the Houston area, 14 in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, seven in San Antonio, three in Austin, one in Waco, five in Southeast Texas, one in Corpus Christi, four in South Texas, six in Louisiana and two in Oklahoma. The Company’s primary product categories include:
- Home appliance, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, ranges and room air conditioners;
- Furniture and mattress, including furniture for the living room, dining room, bedroom and related accessories and mattresses;
- Consumer electronic, including LCD, LED, 3-D, plasma and DLP televisions, camcorders, digital cameras, Blu-ray players, video game equipment, portable audio and home theater products; and
- Home office, including desktop and notebook computers, tablets, printers and computer accessories.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV