Team Depot Associate Volunteer Force Marks Its 10 th Celebration of Service Year
TORONTO, Aug. 30, 2012 /CNW/ - Beginning September 1 st, Team Depot, an associate volunteer program, will mark its 10 th year of its annual Celebration of Service Campaign. The month-long campaign aims to honour Team Depot volunteers from coast-to-coast acknowledging their commitment to volunteerism.
Active at all 180 stores across Canada, associates are encouraged and empowered to take a leadership role in their communities by organizing and volunteering on projects with local and national partners.
"Giving back is vital to the core values of our organization and it's our responsibility to enhance the communities we share with our neighbours," said Kim Forgues, Vice President, Human Resources, Communications & Sustainability, The Home Depot Canada. "During this month, we recognize past contributions that have had an impact in our communities. Every helping hand makes a difference!"In 2011, Team Depot associates contributed more than 20,000 hours of service to improving communities across Canada during our Celebration of Service. Projects in various Canadian Communities for 2012 include:
- Cleaning up our shorelines
- Outdoor beautification projects (creating gardens, community clean-ups and landscaping)
- Indoor renovation projects (painting, refurbishing, organization)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts