- In New Jersey, the Six Flags Great Adventure complex will undergo its most dramatic transformation in 13 years as the theme and safari parks combine into one property to become the world's largest theme park. The mega-park will introduce a new, one-of-a-kind themed attraction— Safari Off Road Adventure—that transports guests from the theme park on a safari that features 1,200 animals from six continents. Safari Off Road Adventure will entertain guests on rugged, up-close animal encounters as they view, pet or hand feed these majestic animals—or fly high above them on a zip line. In addition, the Hurricane Harbor water park in New Jersey will unveil Big Wave Racer, a massive slide complex that sends riders barreling; head first, down multiple lanes that stretch 1,800 feet on an aerodynamically-designed water toboggan. Only at Six Flags Great Adventure can you ride a wave, go on safari and soar on world-record breaking coasters.
- For guests who choose to "live life to its fullest", Six Flags Magic Mountain, the undisputed Thrill Capital of the World with more coasters than anywhere else on the planet, is adding yet another record-breaking ride to its unrivaled lineup of world class coasters— Full Throttle, the world's tallest, fastest looping roller coaster. Full Throttle will deliver a "you only live once" adventure as riders accelerate from zero to more than 70 miles per hour on two forward launches, and an unprecedented third backward launch. Riders will experience a record 160-foot loop, plus a never-been-done-before launch up and over a "Top Hat" that traces the outside of the world record loop.
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom—the only combined wildlife, marine life and wild rides theme park in the U.S. will present Cirque Dreams Splashtastic . This new aquatic adventure will combine aerialists and acrobats with the power and grace of bottlenose dolphins in a phenomenal new show that is certain to delight audiences of all ages.
- Six Flags Over Texas is unveiling a new record-breaking icon—the Texas SkyScreamer. Soaring at an unprecedented 400 feet, Texas SkyScreamer will be the tallest swing ride in the world, and transform the park's skyline as guests circle high above North Texas.
- Hurricane Harbor in Arlington, Texas is stepping up the thrill factor for its 30 th anniversary season by adding new video technology on one of its most popular water slides. Black Hole of Doom 4-D will take guests on a virtual journey with the addition of themed holographic imagery and mind- blowing sound effects.
- One of only two hybrid roller coasters of its kind in the world, Iron Rattler makes its debut at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. Utilizing state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track ™© ® the innovative Iron Rattler will provide four over-banked turns, the most of any hybrid coaster today, and be the first-of-its-kind to deliver a complete barrel-roll inversion. The New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas was the first-ever hybrid coaster, and it was voted the "Best New Ride" in 2011.
- Six Flags Great America near Chicago welcomes igNIGHT — Grand Finale, the most technologically advanced show in the park's history, uniquely integrating state-of-the-art lighting, sound, singing, dancing, and fireworks for the ultimate finale.
- Both Hurricane Harbor water parks at Six Flags New England and Six Flags America will introduce new thrills with revolutionary new water attractions. Bonzai Pipelines will accommodate six riders simultaneously as they twist through individual tubes. Guests will feel the rush as they step into the state-of-the-art "Drenaline Drop" launching capsules before free-falling more than 200 feet through twisting and turning slides.
- Six Flags Over Georgia will introduce the park's tallest attraction in its 45-year history— SkyScreamer, a tower swing ride that spins guests in open-air swings up to 40 miles per hour atop a 24-story tower.
- Six Flags White Water, Atlanta's premier water park, is introducing Typhoon Twister, a giant thrill slide that sends riders barreling down a five-story drop before shooting them out into a 67-foot bowl. Typhoon Twister will be the first of its kind if in the state of Georgia.
- Flying into The Great Escape in upstate New York is Screamin' Eagles, an interactive flying ride providing thrills for riders of all ages. Open-air vehicles and high-speed rotations allow guests to control their own experience as they soar to new heights with this re-introduction of a classic. Screamin' Eagles is the first of many upcoming changes for the 2013 season.
- Six Flags St. Louis is turning things upside down with the addition of Boomerang. The 28-passenger trains pulls guests up 125 feet, backward, to the top of the first lift hill and then shoots them through 1,650 feet of track including twists, turns and inversions at 50 miles per hour. Just when guests think they are done, the trains fly through a full loop before climbing a second lift hill and sweeping them through all the spirals, loops and turns again.
- La Ronde, located on a beautiful island near downtown Montreal will welcome Aqua Twist, a new interactive family ride designed to engage passengers and bystanders in a fun and entertaining water battle .
- For the first time ever, the thrilling Fright Fest event enjoyed by guests at all other Six Flags parks is making its debut at Six Flags Mexico in October. Festival del Terror will deliver "Thrills by Day and Fright by Night" with special Halloween activities for kids and five haunted mazes.
- Also in 2013, the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Water Park will introduce an exciting addition sure to take kids on a trip they will never forget. Stay tuned for more information coming this fall.
World Record-Breaking Rides, Innovative Show Technology And An Historic Theme Park Transformation Coming To Six Flags In 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.