Stage Stores, Inc. (NYSE: SSI) today reported that total sales for the four week August period ended August 25, 2012 increased 9.6% to $124 million from $113 million in the prior year four week August period ended August 27, 2011. Comparable store sales for the August period increased 6.5%.
The Company noted that the comparable store sales increase for August was broad based, with footwear, home & gifts, misses sportswear, petites and plus sizes leading the way with gains that exceeded the Company average. Geographically, the South Central, Mid Atlantic, Southwest and Northeast regions all outperformed.
|Comparable Store Sales||Total Sales|
|% Increase (Decrease)||($ in Millions)|
|1 st Quarter||2.5||0.2||366||346|
|2 nd Quarter||5.4||0.9||381||353|
|Year-To-Date (7 Mos)||4.3||0.5||871||812|
Michael Glazer, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are very pleased with our August sales performance. Healthy back-to-school selling, strength in our missy and other women’s categories and strong full price selling helped produce our highest comparable store sales increase for the month of August since 2004. We feel good about our merchandise assortments, inventory levels and positive momentum heading into the important fall season.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV