First-half 2012 revenue by type of revenue
First-Half First-Half (in EUR millions) 2011 2012 % change Reported Like-for-like Operating revenue 456 465 +1.9% +7.3% Financial revenue 44 46 +2.1% +7.4% Total revenue 501 511 +1.9% +7.3%
Total revenue amounted to €511 million for the first half, up 7.3% like-for-like and 1.9% as reported.
- Operating revenue of €465 million, up 7.3% like-for-like. This solid performance reflected the sustained 9.3% growth in revenue with issue volume, in line with the increase in issue volume, as well as a slight decline in the businesses without issue volume, which are less recurrent.
- Financial revenue of €46 million, up 7.4% like-for-like, thanks to a slight increase in the average investment rate and despite the decline in reference rates in most countries.
FIRST-HALF 2012 EBIT UP 8.1% LIKE-FOR-LIKE TO €170 MILLIONTotal EBIT amounted to €170 million, versus €167 million in first-half 2011, representing a gain of 1.6% as reported and of 8.1% like-for-like.
- Operating EBIT (which excludes financial revenue) rose by 8.3% like-for-like to €124 million. Underpinning this performance, the operating flow-through ratio adjusted for the extra costs generated by the digital transition stood at 45%, in line with the objective of 40% to 50%. As a result, operating EBIT margin improved by 122 basis points like-for-like and before the digital transition costs, reflecting good control over operating costs.
- Financial EBIT (corresponding to financial revenue) was 7.4% higher like-for-like, at €46 million.
First-Half First-Half % change EBIT (in EUR millions) 2011 2012 like-for-like Latin America 96 112 +17.6% Europe 77 67 -8.2% Rest of the world 2 1 N/A Worldwide structures (8) (10) N/A TOTAL 167 170 +8.1%Operations in Latin America reported an excellent performance, with EBIT up 17.6% like-for-like, reflecting the region's dynamic growth. In Europe , EBIT growth was dampened by the additional costs of the digital transition (€3 million), the situation in Hungary  (€5 million) and changes in the scope of consolidation, primarily related to the termination of the BtoC gift vouchers business in France (€3 million). FIRST-HALF 2012 RECURRING PROFIT AFTER TAX UP 4.6% TO €101 MILLION
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV