Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: GWAY), which delivers innovative software and business services solutions for ambulatory care providers through its PrimeSUITE® platform, today announced record financial results for the three and 12 months ended June 30, 2012.
“We continue to make excellent progress in meeting increased demand for our clinically driven solutions across a rapidly changing and growing ambulatory market,” said Tee Green, President and Chief Executive Officer of Greenway. “Our results for both the fourth quarter and 12 months of our fiscal year demonstrate the successful execution of our growth strategy as we achieve operating and financial efficiencies. We remain encouraged that our award-winning, easy-to-use solutions offered through our flexible PrimeSUITE platform continue to be met enthusiastically among providers who are caring for patients in increasingly diverse settings.”
- Revenue increased by 24% for the 2012 fourth quarter when compared with the year-ago period.
- Gross profit increased by 27% with gross margin improving by 145 basis points for the fourth quarter from the prior-year period.
- Adjusted EBITDA margin was 16% for the 2012 fourth quarter. Adjusted EBITDA is a non-GAAP measure that is described and reconciled to net income below and is not a substitute for the GAAP equivalent.
Operating ResultsGreenway generated record quarterly revenue of $36.4 million for the three months ended June 30, 2012, up 24% from $29.4 million for the three months ended June 30, 2011. For the 12 months ended June 30, 2012, total revenue grew by 38% to an annual record $124.0 million, from $89.8 million for the year-ago period. Gross profit for the three months ended June 30, 2012, was $21.8 million, which compares with $17.2 million for the three months ended June 30, 2011, a 27% increase. Gross profit margin of 60% for the 2012 fourth quarter was 145 basis points higher than the previous year, largely as a result of revenue growth as well as margin improvement efforts in training and consulting services, support services and electronic data interchange and business services, offset by a decline in system sales margins for the period. This improvement in gross margin included the absorption of increased amortization expense of approximately $1 million related to acquired technology and software development costs in the fourth quarter of 2012. Amortization commences as various projects become available for market. For the 12 months ended June 30, 2012, gross profit was $68.1 million, compared with $49.4 million for the prior-year period. Gross margin for fiscal year 2012 was essentially unchanged, at 55%, from the prior-year period. Gross profit for fiscal 2012 included the absorption of increased amortization expense of approximately $2.5 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV