- Net revenues increased 18.5% to $123.0 million.
- Direct net revenues increased 37.2%, including an increase of 5.3% in comparable-store sales; Indirect net revenues increased 2.6%.
- Net income decreased $0.2 million to $13.4 million versus $13.6 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012, a decrease of 1.9%.
- Diluted EPS were $0.33 compared to $0.34 in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
FORT WAYNE, Ind., Aug. 29, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vera Bradley, Inc. (Nasdaq:VRA) today announced its financial results for the fiscal 2013 second quarter ended July 28, 2012. The Company reported net revenues of $123.0 million for the second quarter, compared to $103.8 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012, an increase of $19.2 million, or 18.5%. Diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $0.33, a decrease of 3% from earnings per share in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
"Although there were many accomplishments during the quarter, results fell short of our expectations," said Michael C. Ray, Vera Bradley's Chief Executive Officer. "The second quarter was challenging in May and June as we managed a product portfolio that underperformed in the midst of an uncertain consumer environment. Sales trends improved in July, which benefited from the strong reception of our fall collections. We are also encouraged by our future product introductions; however, we remain cautious regarding the second half of the year. Overall, we continue to make progress executing our growth strategies and we remain optimistic about our long-term prospects."
By segment, Direct revenues increased 37.2% to $65.7 million, driven by the opening of 21 new stores since the second quarter of fiscal 2012, a comparable-store sales increase of 5.3%, and e-commerce revenue growth of 21.2%. Indirect revenues increased 2.6% to $57.3 million, in-line with our expectations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV