- Net revenues increased 18.5% to $123.0 million.
- Direct net revenues increased 37.2%, including an increase of 5.3% in comparable-store sales; Indirect net revenues increased 2.6%.
- Net income decreased $0.2 million to $13.4 million versus $13.6 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012, a decrease of 1.9%.
- Diluted EPS were $0.33 compared to $0.34 in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
FORT WAYNE, Ind., Aug. 29, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Vera Bradley, Inc. (Nasdaq:VRA) today announced its financial results for the fiscal 2013 second quarter ended July 28, 2012. The Company reported net revenues of $123.0 million for the second quarter, compared to $103.8 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012, an increase of $19.2 million, or 18.5%. Diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $0.33, a decrease of 3% from earnings per share in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
"Although there were many accomplishments during the quarter, results fell short of our expectations," said Michael C. Ray, Vera Bradley's Chief Executive Officer. "The second quarter was challenging in May and June as we managed a product portfolio that underperformed in the midst of an uncertain consumer environment. Sales trends improved in July, which benefited from the strong reception of our fall collections. We are also encouraged by our future product introductions; however, we remain cautious regarding the second half of the year. Overall, we continue to make progress executing our growth strategies and we remain optimistic about our long-term prospects."
By segment, Direct revenues increased 37.2% to $65.7 million, driven by the opening of 21 new stores since the second quarter of fiscal 2012, a comparable-store sales increase of 5.3%, and e-commerce revenue growth of 21.2%. Indirect revenues increased 2.6% to $57.3 million, in-line with our expectations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV