SAN DIEGO, Aug. 29, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Trius Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:TSRX) announced today that Jeffrey Stein, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Trius Therapeutics, will provide a corporate presentation on Wednesday September 5 th at 10:45 a.m. Eastern Time at Baird's 2012 Healthcare Conference in New York. On Friday September 7 th at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time, he will provide a corporate presentation at the 19 th Annual Newsmakers in the Biotech Industry Conference in New York.
About Trius Therapeutics
Trius Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative antibiotics for life-threatening infections. The Company's lead investigational drug, tedizolid phosphate, is a once daily, IV and orally administered second generation oxazolidinone in Phase 3 clinical development for the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections, or ABSSSI. Trius has two Special Protocol Assessments with the FDA for its two Phase 3 ABSSSI trials and has partnered with Bayer HealthCare for the development and commercialization of tedizolid phosphate outside of the U.S., Canada and the European Union. In addition to the Company's tedizolid phosphate clinical program, Trius has initiated IND-enabling studies for its Gyrase-B development candidate with potent activity against Gram-negative bacterial pathogens including multi-drug resistant strains of E. coli, Klebsiella, Acinetobacter and Pseudomonas. The Gyrase-B program is one of the two preclinical programs supported by federal contracts. For more information, visit www.triusrx.com .
CONTACT: Public Relations Contact: Laura Kempke/Andrew Law at MSLGROUP email@example.com 781-684-0770 Investor Relations Contact: Stefan Loren at Westwicke Partners, LLC firstname.lastname@example.org 443-213-0507
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV