Mako Surgical (MAKO) is a medical device company that markets its robotic arm solution and orthopedic implants for orthopedic procedures called MAKOplasty. This stock is trading up 8.8% at $16.93 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.7 millionAverage Volume: 1.95 million Volume % Change: 174% Shares of MAKO are skyrocketing today after British orthopedic device maker Corin said it had made significant deliveries to MAKO in the first half of 2012. >>5 Stocks Set to Soar on Bullish Earnings From a technical perspective, MAKO is ripping higher here and flirting with its 50-day moving average of $17.12 with monster volume. This move is coming after MAKO recently hit a low of $11.99 after gapping down from around $25 to $13.41 with heavy volume. At last check, MAKO has hit an intraday high of $17.82 but has subsequently pulled back to around $16.93. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MAKO as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $17.12 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 1.95 million shares as bullish. If MAKO can sustain a move above its 50-day, then this stock has a great chance to re-fill a larger chunk of that previous gap down zone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV