Stratasys (SSY) is a manufacturer of 3D printers and production systems for the office-based rapid prototyping and direct digital manufacturing markets. This stock is trading up 4.9% at $69.16 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 429,000Average Volume: 417,308 Volume % Change: 62% >>5 Tech Stocks to Trade (or Not) From a technical perspective, SSYS is ripping higher today with above average volume. This move is coming after SSYS recently found buying support at around $60.77, which sits just above its 50-day moving average of $57.80. Shares of SSYS have been uptrending strong for the past four months with shares rising from a low of $42.71 to a recent high of $73.32. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SSYS as long as it holds today's low of $66.22. If SSYS can hold its trend above $66.22, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its all-time high of $73.32. Any high-volume move above $73.32 should be considered bullish, since SSYS would enter new all-time high territory. Some possible targets if we trend above $73.32 are $80 to $100. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV