Symetra Life Insurance Company today announced the appointment of Craig Raymond as senior vice president and chief strategy officer, effective Sept. 17, 2012. He will report to Tom Marra, president and CEO of Symetra Financial Corporation.
Raymond has served as chief risk officer and chief actuary at John Hancock Financial Services since 2009. In this position, he has managed and monitored strategic, insurance, liquidity, credit, market and operational risks. He previously held a variety of risk management and actuarial leadership roles at The Hartford, including chief actuary at Hartford Life.
As Symetra’s chief strategy officer, Raymond will be responsible for long-term strategic planning, business portfolio analysis, and mergers and acquisitions. He will be based in the greater Hartford, Conn., area.
“Craig’s deep understanding of life insurance products, pricing and market performance will be a terrific asset in his new role,” said Marra. “I look forward to working with Craig to elevate our strategic planning discipline, identify new business opportunities and define the next generation of Symetra’s Grow & Diversify initiatives.”Raymond graduated from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, with a bachelor’s degree in economics. He is a Fellow and past vice president of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. About Symetra Symetra Life Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Symetra Financial Corporation (NYSE:SYA), a diversified financial services company based in Bellevue, Wash. In business since 1957, Symetra provides employee benefits, annuities and life insurance through a national network of benefit consultants, financial institutions, and independent agents and advisors. For more information, visit www.symetra.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV