With the newest release, Facebook chose to rebuild the app in Objective-C as a native app for iOS. There still isn't a new version of Facebook for Android. Essentially, the company went back to reverse its earliest decision and chose to optimize it for iOS.
Will it matter now? It's a big improvement and will surely make it easier for them to roll out new ads in it. However, the lag to get this out there has certainly hurt Facebook's momentum in mobile compared to Twitter.
The real lesson of this story is that no one at Facebook set out to make a terrible decision. They always thought they were making the right decision.
Yet, as humans, we all have biases that we don't want to admit our past decisions were mistakes. We delay looking at the truth. Sometimes our best efforts and intentions can lead us in disastrous directions.At the time of publication the author had a position in AAPL. This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV