NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- What's happening in small business today?
1. Small business owners take center stage at the Republican National Convention. Given that "Yes, we did build it," has become a rallying cry from small business owners, Republicans took the opportunity to feature several small business owners at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla. on Tuesday night, according to Small Business Trends.
Some of the business owners featured were Denny Sollmann, owner of Sollmann Electric Company in Ohio; Jack Gilchrist, owner of Gihlchrist Metal Fabricating in New Hampshire; and Bob Sakata, owner of Sakata Farms in Colorado.
Taxation wasn't the primary concern for business owners. Instead, they brought up regulatory burdens, fiscal responsibility, governmental obstacles and the struggles of starting a business, the article says.2. Mint.com passes 10 million users, helped by mobile access. Financial planning app Mint.com, which was acquired by Intuit (INTU) three years ago, announced it has surpassed 10 million users, a significant number considering it had just 1.7 million users prior to being acquired, Mashable says. Mint.com founder Aaron Patzer says with the acquisition by Intuit, distribution channels have exploded. The service tracks more than $80 billion in credit and debit transactions and almost $1 trillion in loans and assets, Mashable says. Another contributor to the extraordinary growth: mobile. Mint.com launched in 2007 right as the first Apple (AAPL) iPhone launched. Patzer and crew made a huge push for a mobile application and the company is now reaping the rewards. 3. Biz2Credit launches women entrepreneurs program. Biz2Credit, an online marketplace connecting small and medium-sized businesses with lenders and service providers, announced a program for female entrepreneurs that will offer a range of free business services to startups and growing small businesses owned by women. Starting September 1 through the end of the year, Biz2Credit will offer a package of services including business plan writing and financial consultation for budding entrepreneurs. Women owners of startups and small companies in operation for less than three years, with under $1 million in sales and fewer than 50 employees, will be able to take advantage of the small business financing package. The package includes:
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV