Cohu, Inc. (NASDAQ:COHU) today announced new solutions from its Semiconductor Equipment Group for use in testing mobile devices.
The company’s proprietary T-Core thermal technology is being integrated with its Delta EDGE handler, providing a production test handling solution for the ICs that power a wide range of smart phones, tablets, and other consumer devices. In addition, the T-Core thermal subsystem can be incorporated in burn-in and system level test equipment, for cost-effective, parallel testing of hundreds of ICs.
“We are excited to bring our active thermal control technology, long considered the benchmark for testing mid and high power processors, to new applications in the rapidly-expanding mobile market” said Luis Müller, President of Cohu’s Semiconductor Equipment Group.
The implementation of T-Core in the EDGE handler provides customers with a flexible solution for testing both standard ICs and thermal dissipative processors. The EDGE is capable of testing up to sixteen standard ICs or four microprocessors in parallel, at temperatures from ambient to 125 degrees Celsius. The product will be displayed at Semicon Taiwan September 5-7, booth #476.About Cohu: Cohu is a supplier of test handling, burn-in, thermal subsystems and MEMS test solutions used by the global semiconductor industry as well as a supplier of microwave communications and video equipment. For press releases and other information of interest to investors, please visit Cohu’s website at www.cohu.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV