When large tech firms need electronics manufactured, they turn to Jabil Circuit (JBL). The $4.8 billion firm builds everything from consumer electronics to medical devices for customers such as Cisco (CSCO) and Hewlett-Packard (HPQ). Jabil benefits in a big way from the fact that most tech firms want to develop products, not deal with the headaches of building them. By establishing an entrenched manufacturing infrastructure, Jabil can typically build products more cheaply than its customers can themselves.
Jabil has put a lot of effort into building its medical device manufacturing business, a unit that comes with deeper margins than consumer electronics and enterprise infrastructure offer. That said, a rising tide of spending among all of the markets Jabil serves should help the firm continue boost its top line and bottom line in 2012 and 2013.Historically, Jabil has generated significant cash, which more than covers debt obligations and dividend payouts. That leaves room for a bigger payout than the 8 cents that JBL currently delivers to investors. To see these dividend plays in action, check out the at Dividend Stocks for the Week portfolio on Stockpickr. And if you haven't already done so, join Stockpickr today to create your own dividend portfolio. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV