BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Between renewed hopes for QE3 and the bond moves that the ECB is planning across the pond this week, central banks are hard at work holding interest rates below the level of inflation right now. For income-focused investors, that's a very bad thing.
The current environment has been difficult to traverse for income seekers. Low-risk fixed income investments just don't offer palatable returns anymore, as the piling-in of other investors spiked prices of treasuries and corporate debt, smashing yields to the floor. And if this past week's headlines are any indication, that low-rate/high-inflation scenario isn't changing anytime soon.
But there's a different story in dividend stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV